- MBA in Business Management desired, advanced degree in business/finance/economics concentration
- 10+ years relevant work experience with demonstrated track record of loan credit risk and strong workout expertise and experience with high emphasis on transactional approvals/declinations within delegated authorities
- Knowledge of banking regulations
- Expert knowledge of complex lending, financial structuring and credit arrangements, and bank products.
- Industry expert knowledge of credit and financial analysis, including cash flow analysis, balance sheet analysis, profitability, liquidity, and solvency analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), taxation, legal forms of organizations, and business law
- Advanced knowledge of financial modeling techniques and preparation of pro-forma financial statements
- Expert knowledge of credit underwriting policies, procedures, processes, collateral valuation, and documentation
- Advanced knowledge of credit philosophy and policies as well as loan documentation
- Experience with real estate and construction loans; C&I, agriculture lending and leasing a plus
- Prior experience with a community bank
- Experience related to financially distressed loans; restructuring and workout
- Ability to establish credibility/rapport and to communicate and function professionally with all levels of personnel and business partners across the organization
- Demonstrated sales/business development experience and success; excellent customer contact skills; comfortable asking questions/ interviewing customers about their financial situation; strong listening skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, as well as analytic and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Unpredictable hours, ability to work long hours including weekends and some evening
- Motivated self-starter and an active learner
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC related responsibilities in the performance of daily operations to ensure adherence to bank policies and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
To be considered for this position, you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
No phone calls or direct e-mails please.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted.
Independent Bank is an EEO/AA - M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status.
Note: The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. If you require assistance at any stage of the employment application process due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at 214-544-4777.