The purpose of this position is to evaluate, authorize, or recommend approval of commercial, real estate, or other credit loans. Originate services and manages all types of commercial loan while meeting established loan quality, deposit and income goals.
- Originate, review and underwrite commercial loan applications.
- Analyze and review credit information to make a general assessment of applicant’s credit worthiness and determine if the loan will conform to the bank’s lending policy
- Exercises due diligence when underwriting loans including assessing risks, real estate analysis, cash flow, profitability
- Prepare written summary of loan terms and conditions and a written narrative explaining business background, outlining risk factor and justify assigned risk rating
- Improve condition of loan portfolio by working to reduce delinquencies through improved collection and underwriting techniques
- Develop and maintain business relationships and referral sources throughout the community
- Seeks to expand bank product usage to current customers by cross selling all types of deposit accounts, loan accounts, and services during customer contacts and interviews
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products to better meet customer need
- Participates in community-oriented and professional organizations to determine the various depository and credit needs of the Bank’s market area to support Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) objectives
- Update and maintain accurate new business sand renewal files
- Respond professionally and accurately to customer inquiries and concerns in a timely manner
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- College degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 1-5 years’ experience in a credit analysis/underwriting role relative to commercial lending, required
- Experience in a customer-facing/marketing role preferred but not required
- Solid knowledge of financial lending regulations
- Results oriented, sales aptitude with demonstrated ability to achieve organizational and business goals
- Basic computer proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work flexible hours and branch hours of operation
- Careful attention to detail and time management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC related responsibilities in the performance of daily operations to ensure adherence to bank policies and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed