The incumbent originates mortgage files and assists with processing and underwriting conditions when necessary. This is a full-time/non-exempt position with full benefits and is primarily commission-based. The person hired may work from any of our available branches.
- Pre-qualifies all borrowers for both interim and permanent real estate loans.
- Gathers all necessary loan documentation from customer to submit loan.
- Inputs loan application on Mortgage Origination software, evaluates documents and compares for accuracy.
- Responsible for ordering credit reports through the bank’s software and making a printed copy.
- Submits loan documentation for approval.
- Orders appraisals and title work when needed.
- Assists Processors by helping compile conditions of loan approvals to submit to underwriting for final approval.
- Back-up closing function when necessary by ordering documents, complete fee sheets and schedule closings.
- Compares competitive mortgage rates daily and price the Bank’s daily quotes when necessary.
- Locks in interest rates with lender on lender software when necessary.
- Submits monthly commission report to manager by the first working day after month end (using Word and Excel)
- Completes compliance and other job related training as required
- Refers unusual or suspicious activities or transactions to the BSA officer immediately
- Complies with all department and bank policies and procedures and maintains compliance with State and Federal Regulations
- Contributes to the fulfillment of the department and the bank objectives and goals
- Performs as a team member, and completes any other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Education should include the successful completion of recent mortgage courses (conventional and FHA lending). Must have a thorough knowledge of mortgage regulations, as well as the recent changes on guidelines for all 1-4 family residential loans.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in all aspects of mortgage lending and originating.
- Ability to proficiently use a computer, including knowledge of Windows based software.
- Detailed oriented and well organized.
- Strong customer service skills.
- High degree of accuracy.
- Ability to review appraisals.
- Knowledgeable in using various types of mortgage software applications.
- Proficient ability to run Automated Underwriting Systems.
- Familiar with all mortgage compliance laws (RESPA, HMDA, REGZ, etc).
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC related responsibilities in the performance of daily operations to ensure adherence to bank policies and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed